You are hereCrappie Forums / General Crappie Talk / Fishing Electronics / Humminbird SI transducer mount

Humminbird SI transducer mount

Ray's picture

By Ray - Posted on 07 February 2010


I had several questions about how my transducers were mounted so I took a couple of pictures.
The Humminbird 1197 transducer is mounted on the rear. I used a 3/4" piece of hard plastic and bolted that to the boat then mounted the transducer to that plastic plate using 3/4" screws. The thought was I could make adjustments to the placement of the transducer which is very important without worrying about putting holes in my boat.
The Humminbird 797 transducer is mounted on the trolling motor with the Humminbird trolling motor mounting kit.
So far this is working great for me.

Thanks for stopping by We are the site dedicated to crappie fishingi. We bring you tips and techniques from crappie country's top pros and the everyday fisherman not to mention the most complete information on crappie lakes from all around the country.

Bookmark Us

Bookmark Website 
Bookmark Page 

Follow Us

Find on TwitterFind on FacebookFind on YouTubeFind on Flickr

Platinum Sponsor

Current Moon

Recommend this page

Who's online

There are currently 0 users and 25 guests online.

A distinct layer of water where rising warm and sinking cold water meet but do not mix. It is a layer of water where the temperature changes at least one-half a degree per foot of depth. In many of our desert bass lakes, a thermocline often develops during the spring and breaks down in the fall. The colder layer of water is often lacking in oxygen, forcing most baitfish and sport-fish to the upper layer of water. Thermoclines can be so dense that they actually show up on sonar (fish finders and depth finders) as a thick, impenetrable line.

Search Glossary