You are hereCrappie Forums / General Crappie Talk / Tips & Tricks! / Shallow water Anchor

Shallow water Anchor

Ray's picture

By Ray - Posted on 07 July 2010

I am seriously considering buying one of these shallow water anchors with the brake system. There are a lot of times I fish cover in water 6 foot and less and I know not running the trolling motor would be better.
This is just a fiberglass rod you stick in the ground to hold you in place with a bracket to hold it.
What you guys think about this?

Carl Painter's picture

Nice, I had thought of using a length of PVC in a clamp as a "redneck power pole" this is somewhat more refined than my idea. Where can these be purchased? Or, is it homemade?

Ray's picture

Hey Carl. Here s where I found it. I am also thinking about ordering a 10 foot 3/4" fiberglass rod from a supply company so I could use it in a little deeper water.


Big Papa's picture

What's the cost with the 10ft pole?

Ray's picture

They do not offer a 10 foot pole but you can buy one from Granger and such places for about $20.00. The unit with 8' pole is $135.00.


Thanks for stopping by We are the site dedicated to crappie fishingi. We bring you tips and techniques from crappie country's top pros and the everyday fisherman not to mention the most complete information on crappie lakes from all around the country.

Bookmark Us

Bookmark Website 
Bookmark Page 

Follow Us

Find on TwitterFind on FacebookFind on YouTubeFind on Flickr

Platinum Sponsor

Current Moon

Recommend this page

Who's online

There are currently 0 users and 60 guests online.

Trolling with several rods at once.

Search Glossary